Recently I had a lot of posts on bread and pau. Well this time is chiffon cake. Chiffon cake with rice flour...Using rice flour in chiffon cake really makes a difference. It produces softer and fluffy texture compare to normal cake flour. Do try and find out!
Adapted and slightly modified from 茄子blog.
5 egg yolks
40g vegetable oil
1/4 tsp salt
50ml orange juice and zest
60g cake flour
30g rice flour
5 egg whites
1. Pour egg yolks and sugar in a bowl. Whisk till sugar dissolves.
2. Add in oil, salt, and juice into the bowl. Stir well.
3. Fold in sifted flour. Mix till smooth.
4. In another bowl, whisk the egg whites till frothy. Add sugar gradually and beat until stiff.
5. Fold in 1/3 of the whites into the yolk mixture till well incorporated.
6. Pour in the remaining egg whites and fold gently till well combined.
7. Pour into 20 or 22 cm chiffon mould. Bake at 160C for 40 minutes.
8. Immediately invert it after removal from oven. Leave to cool. When cake is cold, remove from mould.
this is interesting, Chiffon cake with Rice Flour, I will try it out. Is the sweetness ok?
i have diabetes in my family.
another new discovery for me! thanks so much for sharing! Very soon you'll be into your 3rd trimester, i wish you well, eat and rest well!ReplyDelete
The sugar level is consider very low. Happy baking.
with rice flour is something new i gotta tryReplyDelete
thks Vivian :)
HiVivian,just to confirm do u use cream of tartar, it is not stated in your receipe..I am going to try out the receipe tomorrow, appreciate your reply. Thanks! :)ReplyDelete
Hi Vivian, one more question, do us baking powder? It is not stated in the receipe too? Thanks!:)ReplyDelete
I'm not using baking powder and cream of tartar in my chiffon cake recipe. The air that incorporate in the egg white is sufficient to raise the cake. Happy baking!
Hi Vivian, Thanks! for your kind guidance, I have baked the cake, it's fantastic, my family simply love it.ReplyDelete
Hi vivian, what size eggs do you use?ReplyDelete
My eggs normally weight about 55g each. I guess is Grade B.ReplyDelete
Thanks for your speedy reply :)ReplyDelete