Here I like to take this opportunity to wish everyone a very prosperity Bunny Year. Hope you all like my osmanthus brown Sugar fa kueh.
Source : Inspired by Yam teacher,brown sugar longan fa kueh
100g dark brown sugar
1tbsp dried osmanthus
240g low protein flour
2 tsp baking powder
*Sift and set aside
1. Sift flour and baking powder into a mixing bowl. Set aside.
2. Bring the 50ml water to boil. Add in the dark brown sugar and cook till dissolve. Sieve and add osmanthus while it is warm. Let it sit inside and set aside to cool.
3. Top up the brown sugar mixture with milk until reach 240ml liquid.
4. Pour the liquid (No.3) into the sifted flour bowl. Mix until well combine.
5. Pour the batter into steaming moulds. Steam on high heat till cooked. (Do refer to my early post story behind blossom fa kueh for some tips)
1. I'm using dark brown sugar which I only find in Chinese medicine shop. It is a lot darker and has strong caramel scent compare to light brown sugar.
2. For normal muffin cup, steam about 15-18 minutes. Just extend the steaming time if you are using bigger mould.
I will spend the next whole week in West Malaysia. I will update my blog once I return. Thanks for all the supports !