Monday, February 27, 2012

Yellow Roses/ Sponge Dough Method

Pin It Now!

This is my 1st yellow roses ^.^ Thanks to Kristy for sharing this easy to shape and yet beautiful rose. I'm using carrot as part of the dough. It is not only healthy but also added colour to my roses. Enjoy!
 


 
Reference from My Little Space, Steamed Bun
Ingredient: yield about 850g dough
~ Carrot purée
100g shredded carrot
50ml water
* Blend into purée
 
~ Starter dough
100ml water
2½ tsp yeast
1 tbsp sugar
130g all-purpose flour
 
~ Main dough
(A)
370g all-purpose flour
50g castor sugar
¼ tsp salt
 
(B)
100ml water
2 tsp baking powder
½ tsp vinegar
* Mix just about to use
 
~ Filling
Homemade red bean paste
 
 
Method:
~Starter Dough
Mix all till form dough in mixing bowl. Keep aside for 10 minutes.
 
~Main dough
1. Put flour, sugar and salt into the starter dough bowl. Slowly add in the (B) mixture. Knead till all well incorporate and become pliable dough.
 
 
2. Cover the dough and rest for 1 hour or double in size. Transfer the dough to working surface. Slightly knead to remove air bubbles.  



3. Divide the dough into 40g each. Shape into balls and keep aside for 10 minutes. Roll out into round (big enough to cover the filling). Shape into rose as shown. Place inside steamer and leave to rest for 15-20 minutes.

4. Start steaming from cold water with medium heat. Once the water boiled, steam further 10 minutes.



I like the one before steam ^-^
Still haven’t receive any roses? Well join me and make your own roses. Have Fun!

I'm sharing this post via Muhibbah Malaysian Monday hosted by Suresh and Sweets for a Saturday #58 hosted by Lisa.


5 comments:

  1. I'm one of those who didn't get any roses :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Vivian thanks for the shout out! Your steamed buns look as fantastic.
    Have a great week ahead.
    Kristy

    ReplyDelete
  3. These paus looks very sophisticate.

    My Little Space is also one of my fav blogs and I love all Kristy's cooking and bakings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i still have some pumpkin puree leftover from pumpkin dumplings, i think i can use it to make this beautiful rose bun..Your turned out beautiful too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you by dropping by my blog. I would appreciate if you can leave comments on my posts for friendships.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...