Saturday, March 31, 2012

Green Pretzel/ Straight Dough Method

Pin It Now!



This recipe is modification from One Bite Cheese Bread. Although spinach is added it still tastes like cheese buns. Since this month is Saint-Patrick Recipe challenge by Very Good Recipe, I change these buns into green. Hope you all like it! 





Adapted and slightly modified from Carol
Ingredients: yield 50g x 8 pcs
(A)
200g bread flour
1/3 tsp yeast
30g sugar
1/8 tsp salt
1 tbsp pamesan cheese
*I used 30g finely grated cheddar cheese
50g cooked spinach + 60ml water
* Blend into puree

(B)
30g margarine/ butter

Methods:
1. Put all ingredients (A) into kneading bowl. Knead to form dough. Add margarine and continue knead to form smooth and elastic dough. Cover and let it prove for 1 hour 15 minutes or double its size.

2. Transfer to working surface. Slightly knead to remove excess bubbles. Divide into 50g each. Shape into balls and leave to rest for 10 minutes.

3. Roll out each ball into rectangle and fold into oval shape. Seal tight and slightly roll into log (about 15cm length). Leave aside to rest for 10 minutes. Roll the log further to extend into rope (about 30cm). Hold the ends and cross over each other. Pull ends around and down to the center of the rope to form pretzel.

4. Place the pretzel on baking pan and leave to rest for 45 minutes or double its size.
 
5. Bake in preheated oven at 180C for 10 minutes. Remove and cool on wire rack.


I'm sending this post to



7 comments:

  1. Ur shaping skill is amazing . I think it's time for me to make some bread now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How do you shape into pretezels? Really sooo beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely shape pretzel Vivian, and the bread looks so soft too...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your spinach pretzel look so yummy and soft.
    I look how your shape the pretzel..pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks so delicious!! I wish I could grab it out of my computer screen!! =] xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wish I had some to eat right now! Thanks for entering the contest!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you by dropping by my blog. I would appreciate if you can leave comments on my posts for friendships.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...