Friday, October 12, 2012

World's Quickest Yeasted Coffee Cake

Pin It Now!

I'm glad I make this quick yeasted cake. It really easy and quick! The result is amazingly yummy! Of course being served while is warm and at the same day. I omit nuts as feel lazy to do the chopping. The topping mixture of buttery syrup and cinnamon sugar create crunch texture. For me I think the topping is the 'soul' of this world's quickest yeasted cake. Definitely can’t omit the topping :D


I like Lena's idea of baking the dough in muffin cups. Small dough means more crunchy topping! Kind of having baked doughnuts. Like other friends I cut down the amount of sugar. Since is best to consume at the same day I half the recipe. Half portion ends up five standard sized muffin cups.

This recipe is keeper for me. I definitely like to serve them to my guest. If you are new in baking I strongly recommend this recipe. You can't go wrong if you follow the recipe. Remember not to pour hot milk and butter mixture (after heat up) over the yeast as it will kill the yeast and cause 'stone' yeasted cake :D
 
Adapted from Cake Keeper Cakes by Lauren Chattman (refer Kitchen Flavours for full recipe)
I bake half the recipe and reduce the sugar according to my liking
Serves 5 (about 40g dough each
)
Ingredients:
~cake/dough
90g whole milk
1 tablespoon (15g) unsalted butter


2 teaspoons (10g) instant yeast
105g unbleached all-purpose flour
pinch of salt
 
~topping
1 tablespoon granulated sugar
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
   
1 tablespoon (15g) unsalted butter
1 tablespoon golden syrup (I used corn syrup)
1 tablespoon brown sugar
 
Methods:
1. Heat the milk and butter in a small saucepan until the butter is melted and the milk is very warm to the touch. Pour into a large mixing bowl and whisk in the yeast to dissolve. Stir in the flour and salt and beat with an electric mixer on medium-low speed until form sticky dough.
 
2. Divide the dough into 5 portions (about 40g each) and place each portion into lined muffin cups.
 
3. Combine the granulated sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl. Press the dough lightly with spoon to get even surface. Then sprinkle cinnamon sugar evenly over the top.

4. Melt the butter for the topping. Combine the melted butter with corn syrup and brown sugar. Stir to mix. Spread over the dough. Sprinkle nuts (if you are using) evenly across the top.

5. Place the muffins in cold oven. Turn the heat to 180C. Bake about 20 minutes until the cake is golden and set in the center. Let cool slightly and serve warm.
 


I'm sharing this recipe at :

~Recipe Box 18 hosted by
Bizzy Bakes








7 comments:

  1. Yup, a great idea to bake in muffin style! Really easy to make and delicious, even though it is best eaten on the same day, but then that would not be a problem especially when you make half a recipe, smart move!
    Thank you for baking along with us!
    Have a great and delicious weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vivian, I like it that you bake it like a cupcake. Looks good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your photo’s have a been a real treat for my eyes today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yeah, this recipe is super quick and im so glad to hear that you like them so much! i think most of us are quite satisfied with this bake:) thanks for joining!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Viv,

    Agree with Phong Hong that your cake looks like very perfectly shaped cupcakes. Just like Lena's, they look very cute.

    If you wish to bake this recipe again, try it with the nuts. The nuts can be super additive when the cake is freshly baked... I know I sounded a little drama but my eyes were dilated when I had my first bite of these nutty toppings LOL!

    Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Vivian,

    Love that you made yours in mini forms! Texture looks good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These coffee cakes look fantastic - I've never used yeast with coffee cake before, but the texture looks marvelous! I'm featuring this post in today's Food Fetish Friday (with a link-back and attribution as always). Thanks for continuing to inspire me with your creations...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you by dropping by my blog. I would appreciate if you can leave comments on my posts for friendships.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...