Happy New Year everyone! I like to start a new year by sharing this easy kueh bangkit recipe. Wish you all like it.
I adapted this recipe from here. It catches my eyes when knowing KB is made without the frying process! Can’t wait to give it a try! Yes, this recipe does produce kind of melting in mouth texture KB. The only different is without the fragrant of coconut milk. Next time, will add in some coconut powder in this recipe. The dough is kind of dry. I should listen to her advice decrease the amount of cornflour.
Ingredients : yield around 50 pieces
100g margarine (butter)
60g icing sugar
*I used caster sugar and found little bit sandy once baked. Do adjust according to your taste
1/8 tsp salt
1 ¾ cups cornflour (originally 2 cups)
1 cup tapioca flour
* sift all flour, set aside
- Cream butter, sugar and salt till light and creamy. Add in the egg and beat till well incorporated.
- Fold in all the sieved flours and mix till well combined.
- Roll it between 2 plastic sheets to a 5-mm thickness, cut it with cookies cutter.
- Place the cut dough into greased pan. Bake at 170C for 15 minutes.