A lot of fellow bloggers baked nice and fluffy chiffon cake with pumpkin. Now is my turn for this pumpkin chiffon cake.
Adapted and slightly modified from The Kitchen 70's.Ingredients:
5 egg yolks
30g vegetable oil
1/4 tsp salt
90g pumpkin puree
2 tbsp milk
(B)60g cake flour
30g rice flour
5 egg whites
Methods:1. Pour egg yolks and sugar in a bowl. Whisk till sugar dissolves.
2. Add in oil, salt, 2 tbsp milk and pumpkin puree into the bowl. Stir well.
3. Fold in sifted flour. Mix till smooth.
4. In another bowl, whisk the egg whites till frothy. Add sugar gradually and beat until stiff.
5. Fold in 1/3 of the whites into the yolk mixture till well incorporated. Pour in the remaining egg whites and fold gently till well combined.
6. Pour into 20 or 22 cm chiffon mould. Bake at 160C for 40 minutes.
7. Immediately invert it after removal from oven. Leave to cool. When cake is cold, remove from mould.