This is another great recipe from Carol. This bread dough is using mashed sweet potatoes. Another soft and fluffy texture bread with only straight dough method. Sweetness from the mixed fruits and fragrance from the sweet buttery filling and topping just perfect!
Adapted and slightly modified from Carol
(A)150g orange sweet potatoes (mashed)
250g bread flour
¾ tsp yeast
¼ tsp salt
15g margarine/ butter
50g mixed dried fruits
50g melted butter
50g brown sugar
(D) Topping30g icing sugar
50g cake flour
* Mix all into crumbs. Keep in fridge for later used.
1. Put all ingredients (A) into kneading bowl. Knead to form dough. Add margarine and continue knead to form smooth and elastic dough. Add in the mixed fruits and mix till combine. Cover and let it prove for 1 hour 15 minutes.
2. Transfer to working surface. Slightly knead to remove excess bubbles. Divide the dough into 2 portions. Shape into balls and leave to rest for 10 minutes.
3. Roll out the ball into rectangle shape. Brush the melted butter and sprinkle brown sugar evenly on surface. Roll up like swiss roll. Cut into 8 portions. Repeat the same for the other portion.
4. Place the rolls on 8" greased square pan and leave to rest for 45 minutes.
5. Apply egg wash. Sprinkle the topping evenly on top. (You can keep the leftover topping in deep freezer for future used).
6. Bake at 180C for 15-18 minutes. Remove from mould and cool on wire rack.
I am submitting this post to
Aspiring Bakers #14: Creative Christmas Bakes (December 2011) hosted by Hankerie