One day my younger son asking for chicken nuggets. I was surprise because I never prepare nuggets for him before. After some conversation then I know he ate in school during party time.
I read about chicken nuggets recipe sometimes from fellow blogger friends. After some surfing I find it in Alex (I Love. I Cook. I Bake ) and Peng’s Kitchen blogs. Without any hesitate I get all the ingredients ready and here comes homemade chicken nuggets. My two kids and even their daddy like these nuggets very much! Thanks to them for sharing this great recipe. I definitely will make again.
Adapted and slightly modified from Alex and Peng's Kitchen
500g chicken breast (slice and chopped finely)
1 medium carrot (grated finely)
2 eggs (original use additional 2 egg yolks. That’s why mine turn out pale instead of yellowish)
1 tbsp fried onion (omit)
1 tsp white pepper
1 tsp salt
1 tbsp fish sauce
1/4 tsp chicken stock powder(omit)
2 tbsp cornflour(original use sago flour / tapioca starch)
4 tbsp instant oatmeal(original use breadcrumbs)
5 tbsp mayonnaise
2 eggs(slightly beaten)
1. Lined 8" square pan with baking paper. Lightly coat with oil.
*Bigger pan will get thinner batter. I'm pretty happy with this thickness.
2. Mix all ingredients till well incorporated. Pour the batter into the greased pan. Smooth the surface with spatula.
3. Bring water to boil. Steam on high heat for 15 minutes or till cooked.
4. Let it cool. Cut into shape of your choice with cookies cutter.
(or just cut small rectangular shape as Alex and Peng Kitchen did.)
5. Dip each piece into beaten eggs, after that roll onto breadcrumbs till evenly coated.
6. Keep inside container and place in freezer for 30 minutes.
* You can store in this stage for future used.
7. Deep fry or pan fry till golden brown. Enjoy!
I'm submitting this post to Muhibbah Malaysian Monday hosted by Suresh.