Monday, March 24, 2014

Butter Marble Cake (Mrs NgSK's Vanilla Butter Cake)

Pin It Now!

I have been bookmarked Mrs NgSK’s butter cake for so long. After knowing this month Bake-along theme is marble butter cake I knew this is the one I going to bake. For marble effect I mixed some batter with cocoa powder. This recipe definitely is a keeper as it gives soft and fluffy cake texture. If you are butter cake lovers this may the one you like!

Flat and no crack

Recipe adapted from Wendy with minor changes
Butter Marble Cake (Mrs NgSK's Vanilla Butter Cake)
Ingredients:
(A)
250g butter (salted), softened
50g + 100g sugar (150g in total)

(B)
4 large eggs
200g self raising flour, sifted.
60ml milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

(C) Cocoa mixture
10g cocoa powder
2 tablespoons hot water
*mix together and set aside

Method:
1. Preheat oven at 160C. Prepare a 8 inch square pan. Line the base and grease the sides (greasing helps the cake’s sides to rise well)
*Adjust your oven temperature accordingly.

2. Separate the eggs, and place the whites into a medium sized bowl (6 cup capacity). Beat egg whites until soft peaks, gradually add 50g sugar and beat until stiff. Set aside.

3. Cream butter and 100g sugar until pale and fluffy. Put in vanilla extract and beat for a while. Put in egg yolks one by one and beat well after each addition.

4. Put in half the flour and mix on low speed until incorporated. Put in milk in 2 additions and mix until well incorporated. Mix in balance of flour.

5. Put half the egg whites in and fold. Pour the balance of egg whites in and fold till combined.

6. Scoop about 3 dollops of batter into cocoa mixture. Mix well and this will be the cocoa batter.

7. Pour about 1/3 plain batter into prepared pan. Scatter half the cocoa batter throughout the top. Repeat the process till finish all the batter. Using a chopstick twirl the batter together using a figure-eight motion to mix batter up to get marble design. 

8. Bake for 45 minutes or until skewer comes out clean.


I am submitting this post to Bake along event with theme Marble Cake organized by Zoe from Bake for Happy Kids, Joyce from Kitchen Flavours and Lena from Frozen Wings

######################################################
For those who resident in Kuching area interested to place order, please inbox me at vivianagpang@hotmail.com

For this butter cake I'm using Golden Churn brand butter

23 comments:

  1. I've also wanted to bake this cake for a long time. Your butter cake looks pretty with the marble effect. Definitely love to try it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made this recipe before... It is truly a good recipe... Very nice texture. With your marbling, it makes it even more perfect

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've bookmarked this recipe since the day Wendy made it but somehow I never get to bake it. I kept telling myself that one day I will come back to this recipe .... Your butter cake looks awesome, I love the soft texture. The best of all is no crack on the surface.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful cake. It also looks very moist.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Viv,

    I have bookmarked this recipe to a long long long time... Can't get myself to bake this yet. *sign*

    You have baked yours very well with no cracks at all... Wow!

    Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  6. Done this cake before and it is indeed nice.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Vivian,
    This butter cake is indeed moist and fluffy.
    I have just baked mine 2 days ago.
    mui

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautifully baked! With moist texture and looks so good!
    I love to try this recipe too one of these days!
    Thanks for baking along with us!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Vivian, I used this recipe to bake mine too, it was awesome! Yours looks just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Vivian, looking at it, I know it's good. With so many recommendations above, it's definitely worth baking one.

    ReplyDelete
  11. hi vivian, i hope to bake this mrs ng's cake again as when i did ine the 1st time, it was a little uncooked in the middle..and yes, very fluffy. wow, you are selling cakes now?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Vivian. I baked this before. The cake was all finished within the next hour.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The result came out really cute.

    ReplyDelete
  14. i really enjoy reading this butter cake post.... so funny hehe... nevertheless well done on the butter cake! look really good :) yumm!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love this recipe.. Yummy.. My only problem is there's a cracking line on top of the cake.. Any idea why is this happen? Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  16. Tried this cake and it is absolutely wonderful . Thank you ..

    ReplyDelete
  17. There is lot of articles on the web about this. But I like yours more, although i found one that’s more descriptive.
    online cake delivery Glendale

    ReplyDelete
  18. I just made this and it turned out amazing! Yummy, perfect texture, not too dense. I've tried five recipes for marble cake, including Western ones, and this definitely takes the cake! I have a different method of distributing the batter, which I saw on a video once - I make a checkerboard by alternating bits of the vanilla and chocolate batter, then swirl it around. Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I have made Mrs.Ng's butter cake & marble cake before but this recipe for butter marble turned out just Too good. Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi, I tried this before, it's quite nice but can I separate the egg to make it more softer (If you see this message, please let me know, I need it URGENTLY)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I have not seen such a post in my life till today, you get inspiration from people like you so that we too can share good posts like you. I hope that you keep inspiring such people in your life.
    Call Girls In Gurugram
    Call Girls In Gurugram
    Call Janvi Yadav
    Call Girls Dehradun
    Call Girls In Gurugram
    Gurugram Call Girls

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow, it's perfect marble cake. Thanks for the share marble cake recipe.
    Cookies Home Delivery

    ReplyDelete

Thank you by dropping by my blog. I would appreciate if you can leave comments on my posts for friendships.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...