Friday, November 30, 2012

Tomatoes in Sour Gravy (Air Asam Tomato)

Pin It Now!
 
I like salad. I used to have salad with main course. This tomato in sour gravy caught my attention after read from Wendy blog. It is actually perfect side dish to go with Nasi Daging Kedah. Since I do not take beef I just prepare the tomatoes salad to go with sambal ikan bilis (anchovy). It goes very well! Do try as it is really very appetite salad!
 
Adapted from Wendy
Ingredients:
1 red onion, sliced
1 tsp finely sliced bird’s eye chilli
3 Tbsp lime juice
2 Tbsp sugar
½ -3/4 tsp salt
1 Tbsp fish sauce (omit)
1-2 Tbsp vinegar (or more lime juice)
1 tsp finely minced torch ginger bud(omit)
2.5 cups diced tomatoes
 


Methods:
1. Mix sliced red onion with lime juice, sugar, salt, chilli and fish sauce. Let it sit for 1 hour.

2. Taste it and adjust with vinegar and more salt if needed. It should be sourish, spicy and a saltiness level that is just right (not oversalted).

3. Just before serving, mix in minced torch ginger and diced tomatoes. Serve!
*main side dish to go with Nasi Daging Kedah (beef rice).



I'm submitting this post to MFF Kedah Perlis Month hosted by Wendy, Table for Two.
 
 

3 comments:

  1. I think this dish will be good to pair it with grill or fried fish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Viv,
    This looks very appetizing!!
    I would like to try this:)
    mui..^^

    ReplyDelete
  3. So colourful! Very nice with roast chicken too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you by dropping by my blog. I would appreciate if you can leave comments on my posts for friendships.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...