This oatmeal square not only healthy but yummy! You can replace any jam filling that you like. It tastes better the next day although stored in the fridge. Even my hubby who is not fans of oatmeal also like it.
110g margarine/ butter
50g light brown sugar
100g plain flour
* if not using cornmeal, replace all with 175g plain flour.
½ tsp baking soda
1 tsp vanilla powder
½ tsp salt
* sift and set aside
180g rolled oat
1 cup blueberry pie jam filling
(C ) Streusel topping
50g rolled oat
50g plain flour
1/8 tsp baking powder
30g margarine/ butter
* Mix and set aside.
1. Beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add in the egg and beat till well combined.
2. Fold in the dry ingredients from (B) except rolled oat till well incorporated. Stir in 150g of rolled oat (part of rolled oat).
3. Press 2/3 of the dough into the bottom of the lined square pan (I’m using 8”). Spread the jam filling over the oatmeal base.
4. Add the balance of 30g rolled oat into the remaining dough. Crumble the dough over the jam filling. Follow by the streusel topping. Gently press to make it tight.
5. Bake in the preheated oven 180C about 30 minutes. Place on a wire rack to cool and then cut into squares.