I am baking with cheese again. This time I baked mini scone. The fragrant of the parmesan cheese really stand up in this recipe. It is nice to eat with some spread of fruits jam. I hope you like it.
This will be another of my recipes for this month Aspiring Bakers #6: Say Cheese! (April 2011) hosted by Noms I Must.
Adapted and modified from Favourite Home-made recipes cookbook
2 cups cake flour
1 tsp baking powder
¼ tsp salt
25g castor sugar
50g chilled butter, cubes
50g grated parmesan cheese
110-120ml mixture of 1 egg and milk
1 egg (slightly beaten) for egg wash
1. Put flour, baking powder, salt and sugar in a bowl and mix well. Add in cubes cold butter.
2. With your fingertips, rub the butter into the flour until the mixture resembles coarse breadcrumbs. Follow by grated parmesan cheese and raisin. Stir to combine.
3. Make a well in the center. Pour in the milk mixture (reserve about 10-15ml). Stir with fork to combine. If the mixture seems too dry, add in the milk a teaspoon at a time.
4. When the mixture starts to come together in small beads of dough, transfer on to working surface. Gather the dough by lifting and folding motion with a scraper.
5. The dough is ready once all the coarse breadcrumbs incorporated. Gently press the dough and roll out into 1½ cm thick. Cut into mini triangles (shape of your choice). Place into greased baking tray and apply egg wash.
6. Bake at 200C for 15 minutes.