This chocolate, orange fruits cake was actually inspired by Mix Dried Fruits cake in 孟老师的 100 types cupcake cookbook. I always like the combination of dried fruits in cake. Since chocolate is this month Aspiring Bakers theme, I added cocoa powder in the cake.
In order to increase the moisture of the texture, I added mashed banana. The cake turns out well although with little oil and without sugar. The sweetness from dried fruits and honey were enough for licking. High fibre, low fat and lots of fruits type of cake is my ideal choice of breakfast meal! Hope you will like it.
I am submitting this post for this month Aspiring Bakers #7 – Chocolate Delight (May 2011) hosted by DG from Tested and Tasted.
85ml orange juice
* Pre-soak about 1 hour before used
130g mashed banana (about 4 small pieces)
50ml vegetable oil
130g plain flour
40g rice flour
30g cocoa powder
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
* Sift and set aside
(C) Dried fruits
150g mixed dried fruits
(I used dates, cranberry and tomato)
60g rolled oat
*Mix and set aside
1. In a bowl add all the ingredients (A). Stir to mix.
2. Pour in dry ingredients (B). Fold to combine. Then add in dried fruits and rolled oat. Stir to well incorporate.
3. Pour the batter into lined and greased 8" square pan. Sprinkle the rolled oat evenly on top. Bake in preheated oven 180C for 20 minutes.
4. Once cooked, remove from pan and leave to cool on wired rack.