Recently I had a lot of posts on bread and pau. Well this time is chiffon cake. Chiffon cake with rice flour...Using rice flour in chiffon cake really makes a difference. It produces softer and fluffy texture compare to normal cake flour. Do try and find out!
Adapted and slightly modified from 茄子blog.
5 egg yolks
40g vegetable oil
1/4 tsp salt
50ml orange juice and zest
60g cake flour
30g rice flour
5 egg whites
1. Pour egg yolks and sugar in a bowl. Whisk till sugar dissolves.
2. Add in oil, salt, and juice into the bowl. Stir well.
3. Fold in sifted flour. Mix till smooth.
4. In another bowl, whisk the egg whites till frothy. Add sugar gradually and beat until stiff.
5. Fold in 1/3 of the whites into the yolk mixture till well incorporated.
6. Pour in the remaining egg whites and fold gently till well combined.
7. Pour into 20 or 22 cm chiffon mould. Bake at 160C for 40 minutes.
8. Immediately invert it after removal from oven. Leave to cool. When cake is cold, remove from mould.