Sometimes, I will serve my family with burger meal. Since I make my own burger patties it is healthier to serve as main course. Occasionally I will make some into hot dogs buns. I will share on the burger patties in my next post.
Adapted from The world of bread, Alex Goh cookbookIngredients: yield about 75g x 9 pieces
400g bread flour
2 tsp yeast
(C )20g vegetable oil/ shortening
1. Put all ingredients (A) into a bowl and stir to mix. Add (B) and knead to form dough.
2. Add oil and continue kneading to form smooth and elastic dough. Cover and let it prove for 1 hour 15 minutes.
3. Transfer to working surface. Divide the dough into 75g portions.
(a)Burger buns: Shape into balls and put in a greased pan. Let them prove for 15 minutes, then flatten slightly and continue to let them prove for 30 minutes.
(b)Hotdog buns : Mould them into balls and leave to rest for 10 minutes. Flatten them, then roll into long shapes and place in a greased pan. Leave to prove for 45 minutes.
4. Brush with milk/ water and sprinkle some sesame seeds on top (omit the sesame for hotdog buns).
5. Bake at 190C for 12-15 minutes.
I am submitting this post for this month Aspiring Bakers #8 – Bread seduction (Jun 2011) hosted by Jasmine from The Sweetylicious.