I want to bake something with cream cheese and want something chocolate. Since I have some ripen banana must well bake with them. Then I saw cheese brownies cupcake in Qi Qi blog. These brownies inspired me to bake this banana chocolate cheese cake.
I'm very happy with the result. The cake turns out as I like. It is soft and moist with fragrant of cream cheese.
Adapted and modified from Joys of Baking, Chocolate Banana Bread
150g mashed banana (about 3 medium size)
1/4 cup milk
75ml vegetable oil
75g light brown sugar
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
200g plain flour
30g cocoa powder
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
* sift and set aside
(C) Cream cheese batter
150g cream cheese
1. Put all ingredients (A) into a bowl. Mix till well combine.
2. Add in sifted flour from (B) and fold to combine. Do not over mix.
3. Pour the chocolate batter into lined and greased 8" square pan. Then move to cream cheese batter.
4. For the cream cheese batter. Beat the cream cheese and sugar till smooth and creamy. Then add in the egg and continue to beat till well incorporate. Pour the cream cheese batter on top of chocolate batter. Run a chopstick gently around the batter to create swirl effect.
5. Bake in preheated oven 180C for 23-25 minutes.
6. Once cooked, remove from pan and leave to cool on wire rack.