This time I play with the pattern on the swiss roll. I make some swirl on top with nutella. The skin peeled off during the rolling process! Need to find out why cause this problem.
Inspired by recipes in 孟老師的美味蛋糕啳 cookbook
3 egg yolks
20g vegetable oil1/4 tsp salt
(B)75g cake flour
* Sifted and set aside
3 egg whites
(D) Nutella paste1 tablespoon nutella
* Dissolve and set aside.
(E) whipping cream filling50g whipping cream
20g icing sugar
2 tablespoon nutella
* Whip all into soft peak and set aside.
1. Put egg yolks and sugar in a bowl. Stir till well combine. Add the remaining ingredients (A) and stir well.
2. Fold in sifted flour and mix till smooth.
3. In another bowl, whisk the egg whites till frothy. Add sugar gradually and beat till stiff. Fold in 1/3 of the whites into the yolk mixture till well incorporate. Pour in the remaining egg whites and fold gently till well combine.
4. Transfer 25g of the finished batter into a small bowl. Mix in the nutella paste and stir to combine. Put inside a piping bag (I’m using plastic bag) for later used.
5. Pour plain batter into baking pan (I'm using 26cm x 26cm) lined with greased baking paper. Smooth the surface with a scrapper. Pipe the nutella batter on surface to create pattern. Bake in the pre-heated oven 170C for 13-15 minutes.
6. Once cooked, transfer the cake by lifting the baking paper (edges) to wire rack. Leave to cool (about 5 minutes).
7. Invert the cake and gently remove the baking paper. With a knife cut 2 lines (at the beginning of rolling point) but the cake is still attached to each other. Spread the filling evenly on the surface. Leave 1-2cm remain unspread.
8. Hold the cake with both hands and roll gently. When the swiss roll is rolled up, make sure the ending portion facing downward. Keep the roll in the refrigerator at least 30 minutes before cut and serve.
I am submitting this post for this month Aspiring Bakers #9 – Swiss Rolling Good Times!(Jul 2011) hosted by Obsessedly Involved with Food .