I have some leftover pumpkin puree from pumpkin pie. Since I am baking bread, I replace some of the liquid with the pumpkin puree. The result was great! This recipe produces another soft, fluffy texture of everyday bread.
Inspired by Happy Flour bread with gelatinized dough method
~Gelatinized Dough (烫种面团):
80g bread flour
55ml boiling water
220g bread flour
100g plain flour
50g pumpkin puree
½ tsp salt
2tbsp vegetable oil
1. Add boiling water into the bread flour, mix until it forms dough. Leave to cool. Cover and keep in the fridge for at least 12 hours.
2. Thaw at room temperature about 10-15 minutes before used.
1. Tear the gelatinized dough into small pieces and put in a bowl. In the same bowl add in all ingredients (B), stir to mix.
2. Add in the dry ingredients from (A) and stir till all the flour coated with liquid.
3. Start kneading to form dough. Once all incorporate put in oil and continue knead till the dough become smooth and elastic.
4. Form into a ball, cover and let it prove for 1 hour 15 minutes or till doubles its size.
5. Transfer to working surface and slightly knead to remove air bubbles. Shape into ball and rest for 10 minutes.
6. Roll the ball into rectangle shape. Gently roll into swiss roll shape. Divide into 3 portions and place inside a greased sandwich tin. Leave to proof for 45 minutes.
7. Bake at 180C for 28-30 minutes.