I bookmarked this recipe once I read it. Using sweet potatoes as filling in rolls is new to me. Without any hesitate I baked these sweet potatoes rolls once I bought my favourite purple sweet potatoes from market.
Yes it is really delicious! Although is straight dough method the buns are soft and fluffy. Sweetness from the fillings and crumbs make these buns special. For those sweet potatoes lover these buns are good to try.
Adapted and slightly modified from The Kitchen 70's
(A)200g bread flour
50g cake flour
¼ tsp salt
3g yeast (1/2 tsp+1/4 tsp)
110ml water/ milk
(B)20g margarine/ butter
200g mashed sweet potatoes
30g brown sugar
pinch of salt
30g margarine/ butter
1 egg yolk
* Mix the first 4 ingredients till well combine. Lastly add in the yolk and mix well. Set aside.
(D) Topping30g icing sugar
50g cake flour
* Mix all into crumbs. Keep in fridge for later used.
1. Put all ingredients (A) into kneading bowl. Knead to form dough. Add margarine and continue knead to form smooth and elastic dough. Cover and let it prove for 1 hour 15 minutes.
2. Transfer to working surface. Slightly knead to remove excess bubbles. Divide the dough into 2 portions. Shape into balls and leave to rest for 10 minutes.
3. Roll out the ball into rectangle shape. Spread the 1/2 of the filling evenly on the surface. Roll up like swiss roll. Cut into 8 portions. Repeat the same for the other portion.
4. Place the rolls on 9" greased round pan and leave to rest for 45 minutes.
5. Apply egg wash. Sprinkle the topping evenly on top. (You can keep the leftover topping in deep freezer for future used).
6. Bake at 180C for 15-18 minutes. Remove from mould and cool on wire rack.
I'm submitting this post for The World Bread Day.