I haven’t bake strawberry flavour bread to my elder son until now. The reason is my younger son and their daddy is not strawberry fans! Well since I baked chocolate flavour before (which is my younger son favourite) now is strawberry.
Inspired by bread recipe in 孟老师的 100 types bread cookbookIngredients: yields about 350g dough
200g bread flour
¼ tsp salt
3g yeast (½ tsp + ¼ tsp)
35g whole egg
(B)15g margarine/ butter
2 tsp strawberry paste
1. Put all the ingredients (A) inside kneading bowl. Knead to form dough.
2. Add in margarine and knead to form smooth and elastic dough. Weight 150g dough out. Add in strawberry paste and knead till well combine. This will be the strawberry portion. Cover both dough and rest for 1 hour 30 minutes.
3. Transfer both dough to working surface. Slightly knead to remove air bubble. Shape into balls and rest 10 minutes.
4. Flatten the strawberry dough into rectangle. Same with the plain dough(slightly longer). Then, stack the strawberry dough on top and roll up like swiss roll.
5. Place the dough inside a greased sandwich tin (I'm using L21cm x W10cm x H11cm sandwich mould) with cover and rest for 45 minutes.
6. Bake in preheated oven 180C for 28-30 minutes. Once cooked, immediately remove from mould and leave to cool on wire rack.
Good news for all bakers.
There is giveaway of vanilla beans in My Kitchen Snippets
Do drop by and find out more! Dateline is 19th December 2011. So hurry!