Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Traditional Peanut Cookies

Pin It Now!

This is the last cookies I baked as gift for friends and family. Another cookie dough just roll and bake. Even my 7 and 5 years old sons able to help! One shape the dough while the younger one glazing the cookies. They are very sweet ^_^ I wish they can help me every year while I prepare Chinese New Year cookies. I'm sure this will be part of their childhood memory too.



I grind my peanut. In order to ease my job I choose the one without shell. I fry them in wok at medium heat till slightly dark brown (make sure not too dark as it will taste bitter). Grind the toasted peanut with equal amount of flour (part of the all-purpose flour) in batches. This will help and ease to achieve superfine ground peanut. If you have time, choose the peanut with skin as it is more fragrant. Do refer to Wendy blog on how to prepare shelled peanut for traditional peanut cookies.
 
Reference from Cook.Bake.Love
Ingredients:
(A)
400g peanut (toast and grind together with flour till fine)
250g icing sugar
550g all-purpose flour
 
(B)
300ml peanut oil
 
(C)
1 egg yolk (for glazing)
 
Method:
1. Mix (A) till well combined.

2. Add in (B) slowly, mix till form dough.
*do not knead the dough. Kneading will make the cookie hard.


3. Roll the dough into a small ball and place on a lined baking tray.

 
4. Shape by pressing straw on top of ball (type of straw for bubble tea). Brush the surface with egg yolk.
 
5. Bake in preheated oven at 170C for 15 minutes. Transfer to wire rack for cooling. Keep in airtight container after cool down completely.
 


1 comment:

  1. I tried your traditional peanut cookies as I thought I will make it myself this coming CNY since I came across your recipe, rather than buy them every year. The recipe looks easy enough until I started grinding the peanuts. It took me ages to just grind 200g which is half your recipe and even then I could not get them to be fully fine textiure. I used the 3 in 1 type of machine with a dry grinder. Is there any other method for me to grind the nuts faster and with more consistent texture? I also cld not get the brown color of the cookies despite increasing the temperature and time. Is it because I did not toast the nuts long enough? Otherwise, what have I done wrong.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you by dropping by my blog. I would appreciate if you can leave comments on my posts for friendships.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...