Thursday, March 29, 2012

Spinach Loaf Bread/ Water Roux Method (Custard paste)

Pin It Now!


Another green bakes from my kitchen, spinach loaf bread. Lately my hubby used to buy spinach. Its' price is about the same as other vegetables eg bok choy (小白菜) and choy sum(菜心) . Not because spinach is cheaper nowadays. Other ordinary vegetables price increase! Sometimes our local vegetables price about the same as imported! I'm not sure is it due to bad weather or inflation.


I will try to add vegetables inside my bakes. I try to get my kids eat vegetables. My older son has no problem of having green. But the younger one always fussy when some vegetables on his plate. For him green = not nice! I try to educate him vegetables are not horrible that he thought. I will ask him how is his sandwich taste every time I adding green. Then I will tell him type of vegetables added. Hope I able to get him accept green in his meals.


Adapted and slightly modified from孟老师的 100 types bread cookbook
Ingredients:
(A) Custard paste
1 yolk
10g sugar
15g bread flour
65ml milk


(B) Main Dough
250g bread flour
30g sugar
½ tsp salt
1 tsp yeast
100ml water
* Blend from 50g cooked spinach with 50ml water

25g margarine/ butter


Methods:
* I’m using L21cm x W10cm x H11cm sandwich loaf pan
~ Custard paste
1. Put the yolk, sugar and bread flour in a bowl. Slowly add in the milk and stir to combine.

2. Cook the mixture on stove at low flame. Do whisk constantly while heating up. The paste is done once become thick.

3. Remove from heat. Cover with cling wrap. Leave to cool. Store inside fridge at least 1 hour before used.


~ Bread
1. Add the custard paste with all the ingredients (B) except margarine into kneading bowl. Knead till form dough. Add in the margarine and continue knead to form smooth and elastic dough. Cover and leave to rest for 1 hour 15 minutes.

2. Transfer the dough onto working surface. Slightly knead to remove excess air bubbles. Divide the dough into 3 portions. Shape into balls and leave to rest for 10 minutes.

3. Roll out the dough into rectangle. Roll like swiss roll and place inside the loaf pan. Repeat the same for the other 2 portions. Leave to rest for 45 minutes.

4. Bake in preheated oven at 150C for 30 minutes. Remove from pan and cool on wire rack.


I'm sending this post to

5 comments:

  1. oh...the bread looks so irresistable! love the texture :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw a few pple making this already. Must be real good, thats why so many pple are following ! And can see that it's very healthy too !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so your kids will not run away with veggie, hehehe, sound healthy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice fluffy bread! it's been so long alraedy the last time i baked using roux method.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you by dropping by my blog. I would appreciate if you can leave comments on my posts for friendships.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...