I have some left over char siew filling from making char siew steamed buns. So I decided to make them as filling for my family breakfast bread.
Although this bread is using straight dough method it still stay soft the next day. Do keep some pumpkin purée in freezer for this bread the next time you bought it :D
Adapted from 孟老师的 100 types bread cookbookIngredients: yields about 470g dough
200g bread flour
60g cake flour
¼ tsp salt
1 tsp instant yeast
(B)35g whole egg
65g pumpkin puree
(D) Filling and toppingSome homemade char siew filling
Some mozzarella cheese for topping
1. Put all ingredients (A) into kneading bowl. Add (B) and knead to form dough.
2. Add in butter and continue knead to form smooth and elastic dough. Cover and let it prove for 1 hour 15 minutes.
3. Transfer to working surface. Divide the dough into 6 portions (about 75g each). Shape into balls and rest for 10 minutes.
4. Flatten the ball into disc and wrap in the filling. Seal tight and place on baking pan. Repeat the same for the rest. Leave to prove for 30 minutes or till double in size.
5. Apply some egg wash. Sprinkle some mozzarella cheese on top. Bake in preheated oven at 180C for 12 minutes.
6. Remove from oven and place on wire rack to cool.
I'm sharing this recipe via
1. BYOB - Bake Your Own Bread, check the rules over at Girlichef
3. Recipe Box 4 hosted by Bizzy Bakes