After the duo flavours of butter cake here come three flavours in one cake! After adding the cocoa and pandan flavour into the batter I spoon the batter alternatively into the baking pan. Just try something new and end up this pattern. LOL
Adapted and slightly modified from Annatay
Source from Jane's Corner
Ingredients: (In L23cm x W13cm X H8cm pan)
130g castor sugar
250g cake flour
2 tsp double action baking powder
4 tbsp milk (about 60g)
1 tsp vanilla extract
(C) Cocoa mixture
5g cocoa powder
* Dissolve all 1 tbsp hot water. Set aside
(D) Pandan flavour
1 tbsp homemade pandan essence
few drops of pandan flavour colouring
1. With electric mixer, cream (A) at medium speed till light and fluffy. Add one egg at a time. Make sure the egg is well combined before the next one.
2. Add in the sifted flour in 3 batches. Beat in with low speed. Lastly add in milk and vanilla extract. Continue mixing till well incorporate.
3. Remove 1/2 portion of the batter and divide into two portions. Add in the cocoa mixture and pandan flavour respectively. Mix till well combine. Set aside.
4. Assemble by layering some of the plain batter at the bottom. Then spoon the cocoa and pandan batter as shown into the baking pan. Repeat the layering (including plain batter) till finish.
5. Fill a pan with some boiling water and place at the bottom of oven. Bake the cake at middle rack in preheated oven at 180C for 30 minutes (steam bake). Remove the water and bake at lower temperature 150C for further 15-20 minutes or till cooked.
6. Remove from oven and place on wire rack to cool.