Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Cream Cheese Mixed Fruits Oatmeal Bar

Pin It Now!

I like to use rolled oat when come to baking. Using it in bar recipe definitely is my favourite way of baking. I had bake with this bar recipe for many times but with different fillings. Until now I still enjoy it !


Today I'm using cream cheese as filling. Who doesn't like cream cheese? Actually it is inspired by a bakery shop of my neighbourhood. The mixed fruits cream cheese is baked as tart filling. Since I'm not big fans of pastry tart I decide to bake the cheese filling in between rolled oat bar. Like other oatmeal bar chewy texture with firm muffin-y cream cheese filling. I like to munch them whenever I feel hungry.


Ingredients:
~ cream cheese filling
(A)
125g cream cheese, softened
60g butter
50g castor sugar

1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 egg


(B)
1 cup cake flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder

60g dried mixed fruits
50g raisins
1 tablespoon flour
*mix and set aside. Make sure dried fruits are well coated and separated.

~ bar
(A)
110g butter
50g sugar
1 egg


1 tsp vanilla extract

(B)
50g bread crumbs (can replace with flour)
120g all-purpose flour (sift)
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
180g rolled oat (added in 2 batches. Keep remaining 30g for the topping)




Methods:
~cream cheese filling
1. Stir together the flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.

2. Cream the cream cheese, butter and sugar together until fluffy.

3. Add the egg and vanilla extract, beating until combined.

4. Add in the flour mixture, slightly fold to mix. Then add in the coated dried fruits and fold until just combined. Set aside.

~ bar
1. Beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add in egg and vanilla extract. Beat till well combine.

2. Fold in the dry ingredients from (B) except rolled oat till well incorporate. Stir in 150g of rolled oat.



3. Press 2/3 of the dough into the bottom of the lined square pan (I’m using 8”). Add the balance of 30g rolled oat into the remaining dough.



4. Spread the cheese filling evenly on top.


5. Crumble the dough over the cheese filling. Gently press to make it tight.

6. Bake in the preheated oven 180C about 25-28 minutes. Place on wire rack to cool. Cut once completely cool.



I'm sharing this post at :

Recipe Box#9 hosted by Bizzy Bakes
Recipe Box

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

5 comments:

  1. These bars do sound delicious and I love the use of the cream cheese to improve the texture. Thanks so much for sharing with Made with Love Mondays - I'm sure everyone will enjoy these!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like perfections. It is being featured at the Recipe Box. Keep bringing us these wonderful dishes. You are a star.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Vivian, your oats meal bar look so perfect. Yum yum very delicious and look so neat.

    Have a nice day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks absolutely delicious! Yes, everyone loves creamcheese:D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you by dropping by my blog. I would appreciate if you can leave comments on my posts for friendships.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...