This is my 1st dish post of the year! Pretty excited with my new vision as I have reason to stock up my pantry with bigger and pretty plates for dishes :) In my Year 2012 At AGlance post I mentioned I will prepare more dishes post. Before I go to the recipe let me talk something...
As a full-time housewife I used to prepare meals for my family. This including breakfast ...baking bread almost every 2 days! My hubby will back for lunch not because I can cook well. He has no choice as he has to fetch my elder son from school while me fetching the younger son. You might wonder why not fetching both? My elder now is in primary 2 and his school is over at 1 noon. The younger one is in kindergarten which school over at 12 noon. So after fetching my younger son from school I will prepare simple and quick lunch for my hubby and the kids. Of course at the same time I have to look after my 16 months old girl. I'm lucky as my kids are not picky as long as a soup is being served their meal are settled. My hubby of course expects more than just a soup!
Sometimes he complains and asking why me not put effort in preparing meals compare to desserts? He used to say I just 'chin chai' (随便 or whatever) when come to meals. LOL! I think it is time for me to learn and prepare great meals to satisfy my hubby stomach! :D
3 gloves garlic
1 firm tofu
100g fresh shiitake mushroom
80g Chinese chives
1 big red chili
1 tablespoon light soya sauce
1 tablespoon Chinese cooking wine
1 tablespoon oyster sauce
150-200 ml water
1 teaspoon sugar
1. Dice garlic.
2. Slice firm tofu about 1/2 cm thickness.
3. Slice shiitake mushroom into slices.
4. Cut Chinese chives about 3 cm long.
5. Remove seeds of chili and cut into slices.
1. Add in 2-3 tablespoons vegetable oil into hot wok. Gently arrange tofu slices (with chopsticks) inside the hot oil. Fry at high heat till one side turn golden brown. By that time it should be easily turn over without sticking on the wok surface. Fry till golden brown. Remove from hot oil and set aside.
2. Pour out all the oil. Heat up wok again on high heat. Arrange mushroom slices in wok. Cook till slightly brown and can smell the mushroom. Remove and set aside.
*this will enhance the mushroom flavour.
3. In the same wok, add in about 1-2 teaspoons oil. Add in diced garlic and sauté till lightly brown. Now add in seasoning. Start with soya, cooking wine, oyster sauce and lastly water. Add in sugar and bring the sauce to boil.
4. Add in fried tofu slices and cook for about 2-3 minutes to let seasoning flavour the tofu.
5. Add in browned mushroom, chives and red chilies. Stir fry till well mix. It is done once the chives cooked (about 1 minute). Dish out and serve!