Monday, September 2, 2013

Petaling Street Longan Drink Copycat

Pin It Now!
Pin It
This is my 2nd time cooking this longan drink and of course many more times to come :) I have made some changes to suite my family liking. I reduce the amount of lohanguo and longan flesh as I found that the 1st time longan drink is too thick and concentrate. 


I'm using electric cooker for my longan drink. So after hours of cooking the amount of liquid not much reduced. However the longan drink still flavourful and concentrate. Here is the recipe.



Adapted and modified from Wendy,Petaling Street Longan Drink Copycat 
Ingredients:
500g wintermelon
250g rock sugar
2 lohanguo
50g dark longan flesh
2 litters water


Methods:
1. Scrub the skin of the wintermelon and discard the seeds. Cut the wintermelon into large chunks, skin on.


2. Bring to a boil with water and lower to a simmer for 2 hours, lid on.


3. Place lohanguo in between your palms and crack them. Put them into the pot and simmer for another hour.


4. Strain the infusion, add in rock sugar and dark longan flesh. Simmer for 10 minutes, turn off the heat. Let it cool totally.


5. Take a bowl of ice cubes, then spoon some of the cooled longan infusion over, let it melt for 5 minutes and slowly savour it. Enjoy!

*You can place the strained remnants back into an empty pot, put in 1 litters of water and bring it back to a boil. It still has a lot of flavour, just not as concentrated. 

7 comments:

  1. Mmmm this looks like a very nice and refreshing drink!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Viv,
    This is so good for a hot hot weather!
    Very refreshing !!
    mui

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Viv,

    I can imagine that you must be chilling out with these logan drink in Singapore HOT HOT HOT weather... Nice!!! We are having sunny day today and I'm beginning to feel the summer heat now!!! HURRAY!!! - Living in Singapore, you must be thinking I'm crazy :p

    Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing.
    It must be delicious.
    And my mother often do it for me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, this looks so exotic! I've never even heard of these ingredients, but I'll start researching now. Thanks for making me learn new things ;)

    Have a nice week,
    Miriam.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks so delicious and very refreshing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG...love this longan drink! And you made it perfect ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you by dropping by my blog. I would appreciate if you can leave comments on my posts for friendships.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...