I choose to bake these Oatmeal Desiccated Coconut Cookies as it has oats as part of the ingredients. It is pretty simple to shape and I love the rusty look of it. In order to make the cookies look more even I measure the dough with measurement spoon. It is alright if just scoop the dough with a spoon by agak-agak (roughly estimate).
These cookies are lightly crispy with chewy bites from the oats. Pairing between oats and desiccated coconuts taste great. Do consider baking these oatmeal desiccated coconuts cookies if you still wonder what type of cookies to bake for the upcoming Chinese New Year. Happy Baking!
Adapted with minor modification from 君之』的手工烘焙坊
Make about 100 pieces (with 1 teaspoon dough)
Oatmeal Desiccated Coconut Cookies 椰蓉燕麦酥饼
170g butter (at room temperature)
1 egg (Grade B)
200g all-purpose flour (replace for low-protein flour)
½ teaspoon baking powder
¼ teaspoon salt
120g old-fashioned rolled oats
50g desiccated coconut
1. Sift flour and baking powder into a bowl. Add in salt, rolled oats, desiccated coconut. Mix all together till combine and set aside.
2. Cream butter and sugar till light and fluffy. Add in egg and beat till combine.
3. Pour in dry ingredients mixture from step 1 into beaten butter in 2 batches. Mixing with spatula till all well mixed.
4. Scoop some dough with ‘1 teaspoon’ measurement spoon. Shape into ball and place on lined baking pan. Then, press lightly with a fork.
5. Bake in pre-heated oven at 170C for about 15 minutes.