|Soft and fluffy!|
Therefore I like to share with them and friends on “Easy Bread Making” recipe. It is easy, less time consuming and no serious kneading involved! It is fast and doesn’t need to go through basic proving. Just rest the dough for 15 minutes, divide, mould it round then shape it. Leave it for final proving and bake!
This recipe is using plain flour, therefore skip the trouble of buying bread flour (high protein flour) from baking store. The ingredients and methods are stated as below.
Ingredients (yields for 8 pcs)
2 cup plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp yeast
½ tsp salt
1 tbsp sugar
1 egg (slightly beaten)
10g margarine/ butter
1. Put flour, baking powder, yeast, salt, sugar inside a pan.
2. Follow by egg and milk.
4. Keep stirring till all flour coated with the liquid.
5. As you stir the dry and wet ingredients will come together.
7. Stir again to incorporate butter into the dough.
9. Press down with the heel of your hand. The dough should be soft and easy to work with. Do add some flour if sticky.
10. Stop kneading once all the ingredients incorporated. The kneading process should be done within 5 mins.
11. Cover the dough and rest for 15 mins.
12. Place the rested dough on lightly floured surface.
13. Press down to form a flat circle.
14. Divide the circle into 8 portions.
15. Mould all the portions into balls.
16. Start shape the balls. I have made 3 types. The simplest one is baking with cheese topping. Just flatten the ball will rolling pin.
17. 2nd type, wrap with sausage.
18. 3rd type, roll into flower rings.
19. Place onto the greased pan. Leave to prove for 45 mins in warm place.
20. After the proving, brush the top with water (for easy coating). Sprinkle some sesame seeds and topping with cheddar cheese. You can replace water with egg (slightly beated). This will give more brown colour once baked.
21. Bake at 180C for 10-12mins.
22. Allow to cool on wire rack. Enjoy!
1. Mixing dry and wet ingredients with chopstick is to prevent hands from sticking. It is a lot easier to form well incorporated dough without much kneading.
2. As I mentioned no serious kneading is needed. The dough is ready once all ingredients are well combined and the surface is about smooth. Let the yeast and baking powder do the work!
3. This bread goes stale faster. It is best to eat on the same day.