A friend of my husband invites us for Christmas party. I decide to bake something as a gift. Since I have some cream cheese sitting in my fridge, I decide to use it in my baking. To make it more Christmas cake I use chocolate as well.
I use one of the cream cheese chiffon cake recipe as my reference. Since I’m going to bake something for my family as breakfast, I take the chance to try on the recipe first. If this is not working, I still have time for the backup plan.
The cake turns out the way I like. It is moist, soft and fluffy. It’s not sinks so much after the cooling. This is good as make my cake more presentable. Yes, his friend and family like it.
100g cream cheese
50g cooking chocolate
2g coffee powder (1 sachet Nescafe)
30g margarine (butter)
4 egg yolks
½ tsp salt
75g cake flour
25g cocoa powder
1 tsp baking powder
4 egg whites
- Cook cream cheese, chocolate, margarine, coffee powder and ½ of the milk together over double-boiler till smooth. Add the rest of the milk. Stir well and set aside to cool.
- Add in the yolks (slightly beaten) and salt into cream cheese mixture. Mix well.
- Fold in sifted flour from (B). Mix till smooth.
- In another bowl, whisk the egg whites till frothy. Add sugar gradually and beat till stiff.
- Fold in 1/3 of the whites into the yolk mixture till well incorporated.
- Pour in the remaining egg whites and fold gently till well combined.
- Pour into 20cm chiffon mould.
- Bake at 160C for 40-45 minutes.
This will be my next entry for the Christmas Giveaway hosted by Swee San of the Sweet Spot.