After baking the banana fruits cake I still have some dried fruits in the pantry. This time I bake fruits bread. This recipe has the similar ingredients as Christmas fruits bread. The only difference is with cream cheese filling. Instead of using almond flakes, I’m using sesame seeds as topping. The combination of cream cheese and dried fruits really make the bread yummy!
I will send this entry for the Christmas Giveaway hosted by Swee San of The Sweet Spot .
Ingredients : (yields 550g dough)
250g bread flour or high protein flour
50g cake flour or low protein flour
1 tbsp milk powder
2 tbsp sugar
½ tsp salt
1 tsp yeast
100g mixed dried fruits
1 tbsp orange juice (can replace with rum)
* Soak for 30mins. Set aside.
100g cream cheese
2 tsp icing sugar
*Mix and beat till softSome sesame seeds for topping
1. Put all ingredients (A) inside a pan. Follow by water(reserve some), egg mixture.
2. Using a pair of chopstick, stir till all flour coated with the liquid. Once all come together put in margarine. Stir again to mix. When all incorporated start to knead until the dough is smooth and elastic.
3. Once the dough is ready, form into a ball, cover and let it prove for 45 minutes or till doubles its size.
4. After the proving, divide the dough into 2 portions. Mould into balls. Leave to rest for 10 minutes.
5. Transfer to working surface. Flatten into rectangles. Spread ½ of the cream cheese, sprinkle ½ of the dried fruits and roll it up like a Swiss roll.
6. With a sharp knife make a cut in the middle of the roll. Start to plait with the 2 strips with filling facing up. Repeat the same process with the other half dough. (However I divide the other half dough into ½ again. As it is easier to handle and looks more neat)
7. Leave to prove for 45 minutes or till double its size. Sprinkle some sesame seeds and bake at 180C for 10-12 minutes. Allow to cool on wire rack. Enjoy!