Golden pillow is actually served with curry chicken. Since I cooking for my kids I change the filling to cream mushroom soup chicken.
I’m using the Easy Bread Making recipe from my last post for this recipe.
2 cups plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp yeast
½ tsp salt
1 tbsp sugar
1 egg (slightly beaten)
Some cooked chicken (dice)
*you can add mixed vegetables as well
~ Mix the cream and water till achieve consistency. Add the chicken. Set aside.
1. Put flour, baking powder, yeast, salt, sugar inside a pan. Follow by egg and water.2. Mix with a pair of chopstick by stirring in circle motion. Keep stirring till all flour coated with the liquid.
3. Once all dry and wet ingredients come together. Put in the margarine. Stir again to incorporate margarine into the dough.
4. Once the margarine incorporated into the dough, start knead with hand. Kneading with lifting and folding motion. Should be done within 5 minutes.
5. When all the ingredients incorporated, form it into a ball. Cover the dough and rest for 15 minutes.
6. Wrap the filling with aluminium foil. It is easier to do it by placing the foil in a bowl.
7. Place the rested dough on lightly floured surface. Roll in round and cover the wrapped filling.
8. Place onto the greased pan. Leave to prove for 45 mins in warm place. After the proving, brush the top with egg.9. Bake at 180C for 18-20 minutes. Allow to cool on wire rack. Enjoy!