Adapted from 阿芳的3杯面粉
2 cups plain flour
1 cup low protein flour
1 tsp yeast
2 tsp baking powder
3 tbsp castor sugar (original 5 tbsp)
1 cup water
1 tbsp oil (original 2 tbsp)
Some lotus paste for filling
1. Mix all except oil into a dough. Add in the oil and continue knead till form a smooth dough.
2. Cover and rest for 10 minutes.
3. Transfer to working surface, divide into individual portions, shape into balls and rest for 5 minutes.
4. Wrap each ball with the filling. Shape the balls like 寿桃.
5. Rest for 15 minutes. Make a line in the middle with the side of a spoon.
6. Dissolve the red colouring with some water. Dip the toothbrush in the red colouring. Sprinkle on 寿桃 by brushing on the strainer.
7. Bring the water to boiled. Steam at medium heat for 8-10 minutes. Off the heat, rest inside the steamer for 1 minute before open the lid.