I adapted this recipe from Table for 2 or more.. For those who like pork belly this recipe definitely a keeper!
1 kg pork belly
100g spring onion
500ml shao xing wine
100ml light soya sauce
20ml dark soya sauce
80g rock sugar
1. Simmer the pork belly in boilling water for about 5 minutes. Drain and set aside.
2. Layer the spriong onion and ginger in a pot. Place the drained pork belly on top with skin side down.3. Pour in mixture of the rest ingredients into the pot. Make sure the liquid almost or cover the pork. Do add water if needed.
4. Cook on high heat till boiling. Lower the heat and simmer for 2 hours. Turn the pork halfway during the cooking time. It is ready when a chopstick easily poke through the meat.
5. Remove only the pork belly to a steamer. Steam at high heat for 30 minutes with skin side up.
6. Serve with the gravy from the pot. Enjoy!