I need a lot of patient to work with this soft cookies dough. I have to take them in and out from fridge (chilled dough easy to handle) during the shaping process. However, is fun to try something different. : )
Source: Little cookies earn big$, recipe book
50g icing sugar (original 65g)
1 egg yolk
160g plain flour
50g instant coconut powder
20g milk powder
1/2 tsp chocolate essence (original use browning,黑糖浆)
1. Cream (A) till smooth. Fold in (B), mix to form a soft dough.
2. Divide dough into 2 portions. Leave one uncoloured, mix the essence to other portion. Mix well and set aside.
3. Divide both dough (plain and chocolate) into 4 portions each. Roll each portions into strips. (I use a chopstick as guide for the strips length)
4. Place one uncoloured and one coloured strip next to each other. Do the same for the other pair. Gently stack on top as shown in the photo.
5. Twist the strips together into a rope-shape. Plastic wrap the rope-like dough and chill until firm (about 1 hour).
6. Slice into pieces. Arrange on lined baking trays.
7. Bake in preheated oven 170C for 10-12 minutes.
The dough is really soft. Therefore, I shape it on a plastic wrap for easy handling. Do chill the dough once you find is too soft to work with (about 10-15minutes).