This is my 2nd time baking this Kueh Bangkit. This time I add in coconut milk and pandan juice. Since it becomes soft dough, I mould it with piping mould. These kueh bangkit is more flavourful than the early version, Easy Kueh Bangkit. If you prefer plain (white) just omit the pandan juice.
Ingredients : yield around 110 pieces
100g margarine (butter)
80g icing sugar
1/8 tsp salt
50ml coconut milk
1tbsp pandan juice
*mix egg, coconut milk and pandan juice. Set aside.
2 cups cornflour
1 cup tapioca flour
* sift all flour, set aside
Some red diced cherries for decoration
1. Cream butter, sugar and salt till light and creamy. Add in the egg mixture slowly and beat till well incorporated.
2. Fold in all the sieved flours and mix till well combined.
3. Spoon the batter into piping mould. Pipe on lined baking trays. Top with dice red cherry.
4. Bake at 170C for 10-12 minutes.
I'm submitting this to Aspiring Bakers #3: My Favourite CNY Cookie (Jan 2011).