Friday, February 4, 2011

Banana Cake with Bread Flour

Pin It Now!


   
I am still on vacation, since I have access to internet I like to post this which I had draft early.

I have bookmarked this recipe since the day I read it in one of my book collection. The reason is this banana cake is using bread flour (high protein flour) instead of cake flour (low protein flour). I never use bread flour for the whole cake before. Therefore, I'm very curious how is the texture will turns like. At the end, the cake turns up surprisingly good! It is not dense neither dry. It is soft and moist! It has its own characteristic.

Since the batter doesn't have any cinnamon powder in it, I sprinkle some on top together with some coarse sugar. It gives slightly bites when fresh from the oven. I definitely will bake this again.

source: Favourite Home-made Recipes, recipe book
I had done some adjustment to suite my taste.

Ingredients:
60g margarine (butter)
60g castor sugar
1/4 tsp salt

1 egg

150g bread flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda

150g mashed banana
35g water (milk)
50g raisin

Topping (optional)
Sprinkle with 1 tsp cinnamon powder and 1 tsp coarse sugar

Methods:
1. Beat margarine (butter), sugar and salt till soft and fluffy. Slowly add in the egg (in 3 batches). Beat till well incorporated.
2. Add in sifted flour, baking powder and baking soda. Gently stir to mix. Add in mashed banana, water and raisin before the flour well combined with the beaten margarine (butter). This time stir to well combine. Make sure do not over mix.
3. Pour the batter into greased cake mould (I'm using L23cm x W13cm x H8cm). Bake in preheated oven 180C for 25-28 minutes.


5 comments:

  1. hi vivian, i'm just as curious as you are on the use of bread flour, is the texture chewy?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is the 1st thought in my mind too when I read about this recipe. The result is surprising soft. I'm sure you will like it too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I try this recipe and its truly yummy soft and delicious. Perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This recipe turned out really well! Flavourful, tender banana loaf =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing the recipe.I hv some extra bread flour never been used, n riped banana. VOILA ! It's turn out satisfying !Tq so much

    ReplyDelete

Thank you by dropping by my blog. I would appreciate if you can leave comments on my posts for friendships.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...