These are mini pau which I made during my stay in my mother-in-law house. These are mainly for kids' party. In order to make it attractive, I shape them into flower (sausage) and rabbit (pork floss).
Ingredients: yields 20 pcs mini pau
3 cups plain flour
1 tsp yeast
2 tsp baking powder
2 tbsp castor sugar
1 cup water
10 pcs mini sausage
Pork floss for "rabbit"
1. Mix (A) into dough. Knead to form smooth dough.
2. Cover and rest for 10 minutes.
3. Transfer to working surface, divide into 20 portions, shape into balls and rest for 5 minutes.
4. Shape into flower (sausage) as shown in the picture. As for rabbit, wrap with pork floss and shape into oval. Use sunflower seeds for the ears, red colouring or "bak kua" for the eyes.
5. Place inside the steamer and rest for 10 minutes.
6. Bring the water to boil. Steam the pau at medium heat for 7 minutes. Off the heat, rest inside the steamer for 1 minute before open the lid.