This time I play with plait to form a heart shape. I will submitting this post to Aspiring Bakers #4 : Love In The Air (Feb 2011) hosted by Cuisine Paradise.
Source : The world of bread, Alex Goh
250g bread flour
½ tsp salt
10g milk powder
2 tsp yeast
15g oil/ butter
1. Put all ingredients (A) into a bowl and stir to mix. Add (B) and knead to form dough.
2. Add oil and continue kneading to form smooth dough. Cover and let it prove for 45 minutes.
3. Transfer to working surface. Divide the dough about 100g pieces. Shape into balls and rest for 10 minutes.
4. Roll out the dough into 6 long strips, then plait 3 pieces together. Connect 3 pieces of strips at one end. Start to braid. Once end, pinch the end and tuck them under the braid. Makes 2 plaits.
5. Arrange the plaits to form a heart shape on a greased baking tray. Leave to prove for 45 minutes.
6. Brush with egg wash, sprinkle some sesame seeds and bake at 180C for 18-20 minutes.