This time I add some cocoa flavour into these mini milk mantou. Sometimes it is fun to eat mantou layer by layer…
Source : recreate from early post mini milk mantou
Ingredients : yields 20-22 pieces
2 cups plain flour
1 cup low protein flour
1 tsp baking powder
1½ tsp yeast
½ tsp salt
3 tbsp sugar
1 cup milk
2 tsp cocoa powder
* Dissolve with some water, this will be cocoa paste. Set aside
1. Mix flour, baking powder, yeast, salt and sugar together. Pour in milk (reserve some) and mix into a pliable dough.
2. Divide the dough into 2 portions. Add in the cocoa paste in one of the portion and knead till well combined. Cover both dough and rest for 10 minutes.
3. Transfer ½ of the plain and cocoa each from the rested dough on working surface. Slightly stretch into strips. Twist the strips together into a rope-shape.
4. Flatten the rope-shape dough into rectangle. Brush the surface dough with some water. Gently roll the dough into swiss roll shape.
5. Cut into 10-12 pieces and place on lined paper (I used banana leaf). Put the mantou into steamer and rest for 10-15 minutes. Repeat for the other half of the dough.
6. Start steaming from cold water with medium heat. Once the water boiled, turn down to low-medium heat and steam further 7-10 minutes.
7. Once the steaming time is over, off the heat. Leave the mantou inside the steamer for 1 minute before open the lid.