Focaccia is type of savoury bread and used to bake in small portion. Focaccia is usually seasoned with olive oil , herbs and may be topped with onion, vegetables, cheese and meat. It is nice to eat while it is warm.
Adapted from 阿芳的3杯面粉
3 cups bread flour
1 tsp salt
1 tbsp sugar
1½ tsp yeast
1 cup water
Salt and pepper
1. Mix all ingredients from (A) and knead to form smooth and elastic dough. Cover and rest for 45 minutes.
2. Transfer to working surface. Divide the dough into 6 equal pieces and mould them into balls. Let it rest for 10 minutes.
3. Roll them into 5cm thick round shapes and place them onto a lined baking tray.
4. Let them prove for 20 minutes. Make small indentations all over the dough with a chopstick and brush with oil.
5. Sprinkle the top with salt, pepper, herbs or caramel onion.
6. Bake at 200C for 15 minutes.