|Buns with ham n cheese filling |
Buns with pork floss topping
As I promised this week I will back to my bread series. Today black beans are the main ingredients for these buns. Just like most of the ingredients it doesn't really contribute to the taste of the bread. However the high nutritious value of the beans is the good reason to add inside the bread.
Ingredients: yields about 55g x 10 pieces
200ml of black beans puree
(Blended from 120g cooked black bean and water)
1 tbsp sugar
½ tsp salt
200g bread flour
100g cake flour
1 tsp yeast
20g margarine/ butter
1. Put all ingredients (A) into a bowl and stir to mix. Add (B) and knead to form dough.
2. Add margarine/butter and continue kneading to form smooth and elastic dough. Cover and let it prove for 1 hour 15 minutes.
3. Transfer to working surface. Divide the dough into 55g portions Shape into balls and rest for 10 minutes.
4. Shape the balls accordingly and rest in a baking tray for 45 minutes.
5. Apply some egg wash and bake at 180C for 12 minutes.
Method on cooking black beans:
Presoak the black beans overnight with some salt water. Cook with pressure cooker about 5 minutes.