Monday, May 9, 2011

Black Beans Buns/ Straight Dough Method - Bread # 4

Pin It Now! 
Buns with ham n cheese filling
Buns with pork floss topping

As I promised this week I will back to my bread series. Today black beans are the main ingredients for these buns. Just like most of the ingredients it doesn't really contribute to the taste of the bread. However the high nutritious value of the beans is the good reason to add inside the bread.

Ingredients: yields about 55g x 10 pieces
(A)
200ml of black beans puree
(Blended from 120g cooked black bean and water)
1 tbsp sugar
½ tsp salt

(B)
200g bread flour
100g cake flour
1 tsp yeast

(C )
20g margarine/ butter

Methods:


1. Put all ingredients (A) into a bowl and stir to mix. Add (B) and knead to form dough.

2. Add margarine/butter and continue kneading to form smooth and elastic dough. Cover and let it prove for 1 hour 15 minutes.

3. Transfer to working surface. Divide the dough into 55g portions Shape into balls and rest for 10 minutes.

4. Shape the balls accordingly and rest in a baking tray for 45 minutes.

5. Apply some egg wash and bake at 180C for 12 minutes.

Method on cooking black beans:
Presoak the black beans overnight with some salt water. Cook with pressure cooker about 5 minutes.  


4 comments:

  1. The 120gm is cooked weight right?
    That means I have to start with about 50gm of beans only right?
    I'm planning to make this for my confinement :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wendy,
    Glad to hear from you. Yes, I refer to 120g cooked black beans. I used to cook more than I need as I used to eat the cooked beans like peanuts :D So I have no idea how much for the beans.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi, the colour looks like black sesame bun too, i noticed only 1 tbsp sugar, does this bun taste like almost sugarless?

    wendy: confinement also want to make bread?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lena,
    Yes the amount sugar added is little and is not sweet buns.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you by dropping by my blog. I would appreciate if you can leave comments on my posts for friendships.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...