I adapted this recipe from 孟老师的100 types bread cookbook. I added some curry powder and turn into savoury buns. The reason was I like to use spiced shrimp from My Little Space as filling. They taste great together.
Adapted and modified from 孟老师的 100 types bread cookbook
Ingredients: yields about 75g x 6 pieces
65g pumpkin puree
½ tsp salt
200g bread flour
60g cake flour
1 tsp curry powder
½ tsp pepper
1 tsp yeast
20g margarine/ butter
Spiced dried shrimp filling (rempah udang filling)
Click here for the filling recipe.
1. Put all ingredients (A) into a bowl and stir to mix. Add (B) and knead to form dough.
2. Add margarine/butter and continue kneading to form smooth and elastic dough. Cover and let it prove for 1 hour 15 minutes.
3. Transfer to working surface. Divide the dough into 75g portions. Shape into balls and rest for 10 minutes.
4. Flatten the ball into rectangle and spread the filling in the center. Roll up to cover and seal tight.
5. Place inside a greased baking tray (I'm using 8” square) and rest for 45 minutes.
6. Apply some egg wash. Bake at 180C for 12 minutes.