Friday, August 19, 2011

Earl Grey Rice Chiffon Cake

Pin It Now!

I read Earl Grey Chiffon Cake from Hanushi blog and very tempting to try on my own. Since I have 2 bags of Earl Grey tea, it is time for me to bake with them!

Actually the scent of Earl Grey in my chiffon cake is very mild. Maybe the amount of tea that I used is not enough. Or maybe I didn't put enough tea powder into the batter. I infused the Earl Grey tea with hot water instead of adding the tea powder directly into the batter. The reason is I find that my "tea powder" is not fine enough. Overall this is a nice chiffon cake.  



Ingredients:
(A)
5 egg yolks
30g sugar
50g vegetable oil
1/4 tsp salt
100ml Earl Grey tea (from 2 tea bags)

(B)
80g cake flour
45g rice flour

* Sift and set aside

(C)
5 egg whites
1/4 tsp cream of tartar

50g sugar

Methods:
1. Pour hot water (about 100ml) into Earl Grey tea bags. Leave aside for 15 minutes. Measure to get 100ml tea liquid. Keep 1 of the used tea bag for the tea powder.


2. Pour egg yolks and sugar in a bowl. Whisk till sugar dissolves.
 


3. Open the used tea bag(from step 1). Add in the tea powder together with the rest of ingredients (A) into the yolk mixture. Stir to combine.

 
4. Fold in sifted flour. Mix till smooth.


5. In another bowl, whisk the egg whites till frothy. Add in cream of tartar. Then, add sugar gradually and beat until stiff. Fold in 1/3 of the whites into the yolk mixture till well incorporate. Pour in the remaining egg whites and fold gently till well combine.


6. Pour into 22 cm chiffon mould. Bake at 160C for 45 minutes.


7. Immediately invert it after removal from oven. Leave to cool. When cake is cold, remove from mould.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you by dropping by my blog. I would appreciate if you can leave comments on my posts for friendships.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...