I play with Carol, chocolate marble loaf bread again (previous post). This time I replace with strawberry flavour, strawberry marble loaf bread. This time I'm using her bread recipe as well.
*Do visit Carol blog for more details steps on making this pretty marble loaf bread.
Adapted and modified from Carol, Chocolate marble loaf bread
260g bread flour
20g cake flour
1 egg (about 50g)
1 tsp yeast
¼ tsp salt
60g margarine/ butter
~ Chocolate filling(A)
50g strawberry flavour chocolate chips
20g margarine/ butter
30g bread flour
5g corn flour
1 tsp strawberry paste
1 egg white
Methods:~ Chocolate filling
1. Melt the chocolate chips and margarine via double boiler method. Set aside.
2. In a mixing bowl, sift in all the flour from (B). Then add in milk, strawberry paste and sugar. Mix well. Follow by melted chocolate chips , margarine mixture. Lastly add in egg white. Whisk till all well combine.
3. Cook the mixture on stove at low flame. Do whisk constantly while heating up the mixture. The chocolate filling is ready once the mixture turns thick (obvious lines appear on mixture surface as you stir).
4. Transfer the chocolate filling on cling wrap. Cover with cling wrap and leave aside to cool (about 3-5minutes).
5. Roll out the filling into square (about 18cm x 18cm). Wrap and keep in the fridge to set.
~ Bread and shaping
2. Add in margarine and knead to form smooth and elastic dough. Cover and rest for 1 hour 15 minutes.
3. Transfer the dough onto working surface. Slightly knead to remove execess bubbles. Shape into ball and rest for 10 minutes.
4. Roll out the dough into square (about 2 times bigger than chocolate filling).
5. Remove the chocolate filling from fridge and place in the center of the roll out dough. Wrap the filling like parcel.
6. Then roll out the parcel 2 times bigger than the original size. Fold 1/3 to the middle. Fold the other 1/3 on top. Repeat the same process for another 2 times.
7. After the folding process, roll out the dough into rectangle shape. Cut the dough into 3 equal strips (with the top still attach).
8. Braid the strips into plait. Place inside a grease mould (I'm using cake mould L23cm x W13cm x H8cm) and leave to rest for 45 minutes.
9. Bake in preheated oven 170C about 25-30 minutes. Do cover with aluminium foil if the top brown too quick during the baking time.
10. Remove and cool on wire rack.