I have seen quite numbers of bloggers using nutella in their bread making. Their bread looks amazing great! Believe it or not the price of nutella in Malaysia is more than double for the same brand and size! Therefore I’m not forget to bring some back during my trip to Singapore. That was few months back and I kept this draft quite sometimes ago :P
This is my 1st bread using nutella as filling. The taste is incredible good! I can just eat the piece of bread on its own without any spreading! I can taste the fragrant and sweetness of nutella and brown sugar in every bites! I will definitely bake this again.
50g dark brown sugar
110ml warm water
280g bread flour
1 tsp yeast
¼ tsp salt
(C)20g margarine/ butter
Some nutella for filling
1. Dissolve dark brown sugar with the warm water. Sieve to remove any impurity. Measure to get 160ml syrup.
2. Put all the ingredients (B) in mixer. Pour in brown sugar syrup(step 1) and beat to form dough.
3. Add in margarine and knead to form smooth and elastic dough. Cover and rest for 1 hour 15 minutes.
4. Transfer to working surface. Slightly knead to remove air bubble. Divide into 3 portions (about 150g each). Shape into balls and rest for 10 minutes.
5. Flatten the balls into rectangle and set aside. Spread nutella on the 1st rectangle dough. Assemble by stacking 2nd rectangle dough on top. Repeat the spreading and layering (as shown in photo) for the 3rd. Remember to leave the edges clean for proper sealing. Gently roll up into swiss roll shape and seal tight. Place the dough inside a greased sandwich tin (I'm using L21cm x W10cm x H11cm sandwich mould) and rest for 1 hour.
6. Apply egg wash. Bake in preheated oven 170C for 28-30 minutes. Do cover the top with aluminium foil if the loaf surface turns brown before the baking time end.