I read this oreo chiffon cake recipe from Bakericious and found that it is very interesting! The taste of this chiffon cake is great especially when it contains bits of oreo crumb.
Since I have the left over one egg white from other baking, I used it in this oreo chiffon. The cake ends up very tall (same height as 22cm chiffon mould). I'm glad that the texture is soft and fluffy.
Adapted and slightly modified from Bakericious
Do visit Wendy, CherryPotato and Awayofmind blogs for the similar recipe.
5 egg yolks
1/4 tsp salt
40g vegetable oil
100g cake flour or low protein flour
6 egg whites
1/4 tsp cream of tartar
65g Oreo (crumb)
* Put into plastic bag, lightly crush with rolling pin.
1. Put egg yolks and sugar in a bowl. Whisk till sugar dissolves.
2. Add in salt, oil and milk into the bowl. Stir well.
3. Fold in sifted flour. Mix till smooth.
4. In another bowl, whisk the egg whites till frothy. Follow by cream of tartar. Then, add sugar gradually and beat till stiff. Fold in 1/3 of the whites into the yolk mixture till well incorporate. Pour in the remaining egg whites and fold gently till well combine.
5. Pour into 22 cm chiffon mould. Bake at 160C for 45 minutes.
6. Immediately invert it after removal from oven. Leave to cool. When cake is cold, remove from mould.