Friday, November 25, 2011

Stuffed Chilies

Pin It Now!

These chilies are special as they are grown from my garden. I don't have garden fingers. Vegetables that I try to grow not success. These chillies are exception as it grows on its own with the seeds that I dump :D I just water it as and when I want (lazy me). I surprise the tree gave fruits.


I can take hot dishes. Sadly the chillies are not spicy at all. Since is very fresh it gives bonus to this dish. I can taste the 'crunch' when having this dish. I added some kind of teriyaki (my way) sauce to go with it.
 
 
Recipe from Vivian Pang Kitchen
Ingredients:
5 big chilies(all I have so far)
1 tbsp cooking oil


~ Filling
100g minced pork
1 tbsp cooking wine
Salt and pepper to taste
 
~ “Teriyaki” Sauce
1 tbsp soya sauce
1 tbsp cooking wine (I used Chinese white cooking wine)
1 tbsp mirin (Normally used in Japanese cooking)
1 tbsp sugar
Mix and set aside
* the key is equal amount of the above ingredients.

Method:
1. Cut the top of the chillies. Loosen the membrane by running a chopstick around. Then remove the seeds. Set aside.

2. Mix all ingredients for the filling in a bowl till well combine.

3. Put inside a plastic bag (for easy filling process). Make a small cut at one end. Pipe into the chillies.

4. Heat up wok with low-medium heat. Put in the oil and arrange the stuffed chilled inside. Cover with lid and cook for about 2 minutes.

5. Open the lid and turn chillies to the other side for even cooking. Cover and cook about 2 minutes or till done.

6. With the chillies inside, pour in the sauce mixture. Stir and cook till sugar melt. Dish out and serve !


1 comment:

  1. usually i use taucheo sauce to cook this dish, thanks for your idea!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you by dropping by my blog. I would appreciate if you can leave comments on my posts for friendships.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...