I read this old fashioned butter cake recipe in Nasi Lemak Lover blog and they are very tempting! Therefore I like to give it a try. They are simply delicious! This butter cake is very rich and buttery fragrant. My sons like them too. Sure will bake again in future.
I'm submitting this post to Aspiring Bakers #13: Enjoy Cupcakes! (November 2011) hosted by Min of Min's Blog.
Adapted and slightly modified from Nasi Lemak Lover
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
¼ tsp salt
230g cake flour
50g cornmeal (optional)
1 tsp double action baking powder
*Sift and set aside
4 tbsp milk
5 egg whites
1. Put all ingredients (A) into mixing bowl. Beat till light and creamy.
2. Then add in yolks one by one into the butter mixture. Follow by dry ingredients from (C). Beat till well combine.
3. Fold in the milk and mix well. Set aside.
4. In another bowl, beat the egg white till foamy. The, add in the sugar gradually and beat till soft peak.
5. Fold 1/3 of the beaten egg whites into butter mixture. Fold gently till well combine. Follow by the rest of egg whites.
6. Scoop into lined muffin cup. Bake in preheated oven 180C for 20-22 minutes.
* You can bake in 8" square baking pan.